Bruises will become your badge of honour
You’ll forever be covered in bruises and take great pride in showing them off to your aerialist friends.
2. When you finally nail a move, no one will see
No matter how hard you try you can never recreate it
3.And when you fall, EVERYONE will see and it will probably be caught on camera
It’s inevitable that you will take a tumble and when you do, everyone in class and on the Internet will see you making a tit of yourself.
4.Hot baths and foam rollers will be your new best friend
5.Your hands will NEVER be soft again
Callouses will take over your hands and you’ll be so proud of them.
6.The phrase ” Be careful of the danger zone” will make you internally cringe
It will also make your eyes water on those occasions when you slip and nip something down there…
7. Your whole wardrobe will ONLY consist of leggings
And you’ll still struggle to find a pair you want to wear
8. New muscles will appear out of no where
You’ll feel like wonder woman and flex those muscles at every opportunity.
9. You’ll push yourself to new limits
When you look back at your progress over the last 6 months and feel so proud you did it
10. There will be days when everything HURTS
There will be mornings when you wake up and feel as though you’ve been hit by a bus.
11. You’ll think your teacher is winding you up when they show you a complicated move
It will look damn hard but after a few tries you’ll manage it and smile with pain while trying to hold it for a picture
12. You’ll make up new names for shapes that only your aerial crew will understand
Because no one can remember the actual names…even the teachers!